LeaderQuote is totally committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our website visitors and service users.
- In this policy, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to LeaderQuote.
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) and the General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Controller is Mr Glen Mangnall of LeaderQuote, 49 Gwynant, Old Colwyn, Colwyn Bay, Conwy, LL29 9NJ
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- Information that you provide by completing details on our website www.leaderquote.co.uk (“our site”), or on any of our contact forms. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, making reservations or requesting further services or information. This information is used to create an account for you on our system within which reservations, bookings, requests and other information may be held in order to provide you with appropriate service and responses.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion by LeaderQuote, or when you report a problem with our site. If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of reservations and transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your requirements.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect our viewers and users IP addresses, this is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. As our site contains links to the websites and social media channels of our listed members and also our banner advertising clients, it may mean that our viewers IP address along with any personal details that may be entered upon following a link, may be seen by our members or banner advertising clients as a third party, it is our members and banner advertising clients responsibility to have their own privacy policies in place and LeaderQuote takes no responsibility, or liability for these third party policies.
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies
- To identify you when you visit our website and as you navigate our website.
Cookies used by our service providers
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data with your consent to provide you with information about services and information which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or e-mail.
Your consent is required for us to use your personal data for our own marketing purposes, and we provide a tick box in order for you to provide this. You may also choose to subscribe to our email marketing and have to right to unsubscribe at any time.
We may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (“notification data“). The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
Personal data as part of your account is held for a maximum of seven years (in line with legislative requirements) and personal data for marketing purposes is held for a maximum of three years, after which data is deleted unless it is required to be securely archived for legal reasons.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not make personal data available to any third parties, other than in the following circumstances:
- We are helping a visitor or homeowner to arrange a quotation as part of our service in which case this data will be shared with relevant members, who are responsibility in having their own privacy policies in place and LeaderQuote takes no responsibility, or liability for these third party policies.
- We are helping a business to arrange a quotation as part of our service in which case this data will be shared with relevant members or channel partners, who are responsibility in having their own privacy policies in place and LeaderQuote takes no responsibility, or liability for these third party policies.
- Suppliers directly involved in providing business support services for us (specifically our booking and payment systems).
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If LeaderQuote or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at LeaderQuote by post or by email.
You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or business data at any time by contacting us at LeaderQuote by post or by email. In such cases data will be deleted unless it is required to be retained for legal purposes.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the relevant legislation. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.